13. June 2013 10:15
KBYU Eleven offers free RESOURCES TO Fuel learning this summer
This summer, KBYU Eleven will provide families with a variety of free and educational resources to encourage young learners to continue learning and exploring over summer vacation. Research shows that students experience significant learning loss when they do not participate in educational activities during the summer months, and that loss is even greater among children in low-income communities. To combat this summer slump, PBS KIDS has developed 10 weeks of special on-air programming, a variety of online resources, and partnerships with Pottery Barn Kids, Education.com, Scholastic and Grandparents.com.
Check out these links for PBSKids.org, PBSParents.org, Education.com, and KBYUtv.org for learning activities, apps, and games to help your child enjoy learning.
Summer Learning Theme-Weeks
Starting Monday, June 3, presents 10 weeks of themed programming to inspire children ages 2-8 to explore and learn. Each week will feature episodes from a different PBS KIDS series.
The line-up includes:
- WILD KRATTS – “Bug Week,” starting June 3
- SUPER WHY! – “Super You Week,” starting June 10
- SESAME STREET – “Literacy Quest Week,” starting June 17
- MARTHA SPEAKS – “Puppy Week,” starting June 2
- CURIOUS GEORGE – “Creative George Week,” starting July 1
- DINOSAUR TRAIN – “Dinosaurs A-Z” starting July 8
- DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD – “Let’s Play Outside Week,” July 15
- THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT! – “Let’s Get Wet Week,” starting July 22
- ARTHUR – “Sports Week,” starting July 29
- WORDGIRL® – “What’s Up With WordGirl Week,” starting August 5
Check out KBYU's schedule online to see air times for these special episodes.
Enjoy these printable bookmark and Summer Reading Chart here:
PBS Bookmark.jpg (1.62 mb)
Summer Reading Chart Part 1.jpg (960.71 kb)
Summer Reading Chart Part 2.jpg (3.23 mb)